Elderly care is a challenging subject for most people to discuss. The idea of our parents or grandparents needing help with day-to-day tasks such as cooking, cleaning, bathing, and personal hygiene can be a difficult thought to bear. In some ways, it’s even more complicated when dealing with aging parents who have been stubborn their entire lives and refuse to accept the help of any kind.
What is Elderly Care?
“Elderly care” is the assistance that family members and friends provide to elderly patients in their homes. Elderly care may also be referred to as home care, aged care, adult daycare, respite, or hospice care.
Most people think of elderly care as only concerned with an older person’s physical health. Although this is an important part, there are other essential parts to consider when providing for your elderly loved one. When visiting your loved one at their residence or during a stay in a nursing home or aided living facility, you should ask about their emotional and mental well-being.
How Does Elderly Care Works
There are many different ways family members and friends can provide care to an elderly loved one. It all relies on what is most comfortable for the patient and their family. It is not uncommon for seniors to have a full-time caregiver or even just a part-time caregiver at home. Some seniors live alone in a very large house or apartment but still need some assistance with daily tasks. For example, your loved ones may need extra help with feeding themselves, getting dressed, using the bathroom, and doing other things that come naturally to us when we are younger.
Giving your loved ones an elderly care plan is an important step in helping them with daily tasks and taking care of their needs. This plan can be incorporated for as little or as much time as the patient, and their caregiver require. The elderly care plan should have a list of items and tasks, how often they are to be done, and how long they should be done.
What Services Does Wellness Home Care Provide For The Elderly?
Wellness Home Care provides non-medical services to seniors who need assistance with cooking, cleaning, bathing, and grooming. We also offer companionship services, which is extremely helpful when dealing with an elderly person who has been diagnosed with mental health illness.
Here are some lists of our Wellness Home Care services for the elderly:
- Meal preparation – Helping with grocery shopping and meal preparation is what we do best. Our Home Care workers will bring your loved one back to their youth by preparing meals the way they used to eat them, fresh and nutritious.
- Light Housekeeping – A home reflects the people who live there, so it is essential to keep it tidy and clean. Taking care of the house by doing household tasks is our specialty at Wellness Home Care. We’ll ensure that crucial tasks and chores such as vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, and laundry are done to perfection.
- Provides laundry services – Thinking of taking a vacation, but need to know that your loved ones’ laundry routine will still be handled with care? Our skilled caregivers or care workers will happily do your family’s laundry while away, which ensures that they’ll come back and relax in comfort.
- Errands and assistance with transportation – Our caregivers and health care team will also look after a senior’s chores and transportation needs. If they need to go somewhere, they don’t need to worry about physical health conditions and mobility issues. We can also help schedule a doctor’s appointment or provide transportation to various functions such as a church, hospital visits, and supermarket.
- Provides recreational activities – Wellness Home Care understands the importance of social activities for seniors. We have an excellent network of care providers who are happy to provide our clients with companionship, entertainment, and social care. We can provide help with playing cards, watching TV or even going to the park.
- Companionship – Wellness Home Care specializes in-home health care. Our caregivers are extremely friendly and look forward to spending time with the senior citizens in their care. Many of our clients have a positive review of our companionship, and the companionship that Wellness provides is invaluable.
- Non-medical assistance – Some elderly people aren’t necessarily looking for assistance with medications and medication reminders. However, they still need some help and maybe a change of scenery. Wellness Home Care will gladly assist senior citizens with personal care services tasks such as bathing or dressing, which is highly beneficial.
Many of our services are available for seniors who need assistance with the everyday tasks of life. We can help with housekeeping, errands, transportation, particularly in Connecticut, meal preparation, and companionship. We understand that living with an aging parent or grandparent can sometimes be difficult, so we want to make it as easy as possible for you.
The Benefits of Elderly Care
The benefit of elderly care is that it helps seniors live more independent lives in the comfort of their own home in Connecticut, rather than living in a nursing home, assisted living facilities, aged care facilities, or hospital care. With that said, not all seniors want to be completely alone. They still want to be able to enjoy themselves with their family and friends and keep up with daily activities.
It can help to prolong their life.
There have been cases wherein the elderly have lived longer because of the extra care and assistance they received from family members, friends, and caregivers. Some seniors choose not to move into nursing homes or assisted living facilities because they believe that staying in their own homes is better for their health.
It saves money.
The cost of a nursing home may be costly, especially if it is a long-term stay. It all depends on how much the family is willing to spend and whether or not the older adult needs 24-hour care.
It gives them comfort.
People who stay at a nursing home complain about being uncomfortable and that it is not a good environment. Letting older adults live in their own homes gives them comfort and peace of mind, and control over their lives and health.
It can improve their quality of life.
The essential benefit of elderly care is improving their quality of life. Having an elder in their own home allows them to remain active in the community and continue their daily activities, hobbies, and interests.
Reduces feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Having a caregiver in your home makes the senior feel more comfortable and reduces loneliness and isolation.
Provides social interaction and support.
Even though elderly care is popularly known to help seniors who live alone continue their daily routine, it will also provide them with a senior companion or someone they can rely on.
Want To Know More About Us?
If you are interested in learning more about us and our services, please contact us, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Either way, we look forward to hearing from you.
In providing elderly care in Connecticut, Wellness Home Care is dedicated to providing a high standard of service with an excellent reputation. We are proud of our work and want to help anyone who needs our services.